Mission: To provide the best quality programs and activities for our community that are safe, competitive, educational, and that create, promote, and enhance a healthy lifestyle, as well as encourage good sportsmanship, teamwork, and fair play. To continue to develop and secure properly trained staff to effectively carry out the mission of our department.
Baseball at Eames
For information regarding baseball at Eames Sports Complex, please contact Alan Jordan at 430-5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Adult Basketball Program
- Registration November 7 - December 30, 2016
- Register at ARPD office at 1301 N. Monroe (in Tift Park) Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Limited to the first six teams in the following divisions: 35 & over, Competitive, and Recreation.
- All players must be 18 or over by January 1, 2017.
- League fee of $350 per team; all fees must be paid before January 4, 2017.
- 10 game schedule plus single elimination end-of-season tournament
- Program Coordinator: Alan Jordan at 430-5222 or email@example.com
2017 Adult Basketball Flyer
2017 ARPD Youth Football and Cheerleading
- Football is for youth ages 6-11; cheerleading is for age 6 - 12 years old. Age control date: Aug. 1, 2017.
- Child must be present at registration. You must also provide child's birth certificate and proof of residency.
- Football fee: $45; cheerleading $35.
- Registration dates: August 7-29, Monday - Thursday, from 4:00 - 6:00 pm only. Register at the ARPD office at 1301 N. Monroe. UPDATE: Due to renovations taking place at the administrative office, please register at the park office located at 415 5th Avenue (near the Tift Park tennis courts).
- All properly registered youth will be guaranteed placement on a team. Any registration after August 29th will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, and only as team size and registration limits permit. Placement is not guaranteed.
- Practice Sites: Carver Sports Complex and Thornton Community Center
- Football Age Divisions: ages 6-8, and 9- 11 (weight limits may apply; any 11-year old over 125 lbs. must play down lineman)
- Dates: Practice begins Tuesday, September 5; season begins week of Sept. 18
- Game times: 6:00 pm, 7:00 pm, and 8:00 pm
- Participants will be required to furnish their own helmets (NOCSAE approved), pants with pads, and shoes. ARPD will issue a game jersey and shoulder pads. Pads must be returned at the end of the season.
- Cheerleading participants are required to furnish their own shoes & shorts. ARPD will issue a team T-shirt and pom-poms.
- Football coaches meeting: Thursday, August 30 at the ARPD office at 6:00 pm.
For further information on ARPD Youth Football, contact Alan Jordan at 430-5222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Youth Football & Cheerleading flyer
2017 Men's Spring Softball League
- Registration is from April 3 - April 21 at the ARPD office (1301 N. Monroe)
- Fee of $350 per team; no entry will be allowed without payment.
- Games will be played at Gordon Sports Complex beginning May 1. League consists of 10 games & a single elimination end-of-season tournament. Games times of 6:45 pm, 7:45 pm, and 8:45 pm.
- Coaches meeting: Tuesday, April 24 at 6:00 pm at the ARPD office.
- Information: Ta'Shelya Bynum at 430-5222 or email TBynum@albany.ga.us
2017 Men's Spring Softball flyer
World's Warm Up Tournament
August 19 at Gordon Sports Complex
Register by August 11;$250 per team
Men's & Women's Recreation Divisions
Five lighted tennis courts are available in Tift Park year-round. Contact the Albany Tennis Association at www.atatennis.net for tennis programming information.